1. What is a Mining Search?
2. Why do I need one?
3. What is involved?
4. How long does it take?
5. How much does it cost?
- Typical property (<1 acre):
- Standard Search – £59.99 including VAT
- Expedited Search – £89.99 including VAT
- Larger site (1 – 5 acres):
- Standard Search – £86.40 including VAT
- Expedited Search – £129.60 including VAT
- >5 acres – Contact us for a quote
- An additional fee of £6 including VAT applies if we source a boundary plan on your behalf.
- If you would like to talk about a quote, please Contact us
6. How do I order one?
You can order and pay for a Mining Search online by completing the information in a short series of steps. To complete the Search, we will need a plan highlighting the boundaries of the property. You can upload one if you have it, or we’ll order one (at additional cost).
If you prefer, you can Contact us and pay over the phone, or send a request by email or post. We will still need a plan of the property. You can email or post this to us.
1. What is a Mining Investigation and why do I need one?
2. How much does it cost?
3. How long does it take?
For a typical residential property or development site a Mining Investigation can be completed and documented within two weeks of instruction. We will always work hard to meet your deadline, so please ask.
4. How do I instruct one?
1. What is contaminated land?
2. Why would I need a Contaminated Land assessment?
3. Where do I go for advice?
If you are thinking of buying land in the South West, or have reason to suspect that you may require a Land Contamination risk assessment, please feel free to contact us for free, no obligation guidance. Alternatively you can speak to your local Environmental Protection Officer.
4. What is involved?
The completion of each phase gives the opportunity to discount, mitigate against or further evaluate any risk. Phases range from an initial screen (non-interpretative report), to a desk study (Phase 1), soil sampling (Phase 2) and remediation strategies (Phases 3 – 5).
5. What type of assessment do I need?
You may not need all the stages of a land contamination risk assessment.
See our Services page for more information or contact us if you are not sure what you need. Generally all new developments will require at least a Non-interpretive report and we advise you have a Metallic Contamination Search.
6. How much will it cost?
- Metallic Contamination Search – £41.99 (including VAT)
- Non-interpretive report – £85.80 (including VAT)
- Phase 1 Land Contamination Desk Study – £685 (including VAT)
- Phase 2 Land Contamination Intrusive Investigation – POA
- Phase 3 Remediation Method Statement – POA
- Phase 4 Remediation Verification Report – POA
7. How long does it take?
8. How do I instruct an assessment?
You can now instruct a Phase I assessment online by following the link below. This is currently available for small sites that meet certain criteria. For all other sites it is best to Contact us first and we can confirm what is needed, how much it will cost and how long it is likely to take.
1. What is mundic?
Mundic is a term unique to the southwest. It refers to concrete that is sub-standard or prone to degrading because reactive materials, like mine waste, were used to make it.
2. How does it affect me?
3. What is involved?
We will arrange a visit to the property to take cores of the concrete under the guidance of an RICS Surveyor. We then coordinate the laboratory testing and report, classifying the concrete into one of three possible grades. If the concrete does not pass, then further testing may be required to classify it. The end report is suitable to all major mortgage lenders.
4. How much does it cost?
Stage 1 tests start from £370 (excluding VAT) for a typical residential property; however, this varies with property size, location, test history and nature of construction. Please Contact us for a customised quotation.
5. How long will it take?
Samples can normally be taken within 2 weeks of instruction. A verbal indication of the results can be requested within 3 working days. The final surveyor’s report is typically produced within 5 days of sampling.
1. What is MineScanner?
2. How does it work?
3. What does it mean if it says ‘Yes’, I need a Mining Search?
4. What does it mean if it says ‘No’?
This means that our records do not indicate any historic mining activity has taken place within 2000m of the property. (See our Terms & Conditions for the limitations of this process).