1. What is a Mining Search?
2. Why do I need one?
3. What is involved?
4. How long does it take?
5. How much does it cost?
- Typical property (<1 acre): from £52.49 excluding VAT
- Larger site (1 – 5 acres): from £75.60 excluding VAT
- >5 acres – Contact us for a quote
- Expedited service is also available for an additional fee
- An additional fee of £6 including VAT applies if we source a boundary plan on your behalf.
- If you would like to talk about a quote, please Contact us
6. How do I order one?
If you prefer, you can contact us and pay over the phone, or send a request by email or post. We will still need a plan of the property. You can email or post this to us.
1. What is a Mining Investigation and why do I need one?
2. How much does it cost?
A typical Investigation of a single development plot starts from £635 (excluding VAT) when an excavator is sourced by the client. A two-day drilling investigation of a typical residential property costs from £2,850 (excluding VAT). The cost, extent and type of investigation carried out depends on the nature of the suspected mining hazard, the layout of the property and the needs of the client. Please contact us for a customised quotation.
3. How long does it take?
4. How do I instruct one?
1. What is contaminated land?
2. Why would I need a Land Contamination Assessment?
3. Where do I go for advice?
4. What is involved?
The completion of each phase gives the opportunity to discount, mitigate against or further evaluate any risk. Phases range from an initial screen (non-interpretative report), to a desk study (Phase 1), soil sampling (Phase 2) and remediation strategies (Phases 3 – 5).
5. What type of assessment do I need?
See our Services page for more information or contact us if you are not sure what you need.
6. How much will it cost?
- Metallic Contamination Search – £41.99 (including VAT)
- Phase I Land Contamination Desk Study – £685 (including VAT)
- Phase II Land Contamination Intrusive Investigation – POA
- Phase III Remediation Method Statement – POA
- Phase IV Remediation Verification Report – POA
7. How long does it take?
8. How do I instruct an assessment?
1. What is mundic?
2. How does it affect me?
3. What is involved?
4. How much does it cost?
Stage 1 tests start from £415 (excluding VAT) for a typical residential property; however, this varies with property size, location, test history and nature of construction. Please Contact us for a customised quotation.
5. How long will it take?
We are the fastest Provider of Mundic services around.
Samples can normally be taken within 5-10 days of instruction. A verbal indication of the results can be requested within 1 to 2 working days. The final surveyor’s report is typically produced within 3 days of sampling.